[Corpora-List] Open position in NLP at the DWS Group, University of Mannheim (Germany)

Simone Paolo Ponzetto simone at informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Mon Dec 17 11:43:23 CET 2018

We have a full-time PhD position in the Natural Language Processing group at the Data and Web Science group of the University of Mannheim.

* Candidate profile *

The successful candidate has a master in computer science or related discipline, a strong background in natural language processing and machine learning (especially deep learning for NLP), as well as excellent programming skills. We are interested in team players with exceptional track records, who are fluent in English and highly motivated in publishing at top-tier venues.

The PhD candidate will work on a joint research project on hybrid semantic representations together with colleagues of the Language Technology Group of the University of Hamburg (Prof. Chris Biemann). The project focuses on new models of meaning in context bringing together word and sense embeddings with information from knowledge graphs.

* Research team *

The NLP group at the University of Mannheim is a young and, frankly, nice group with a focus on knowledge acquisition, natural language processing, as well as their application to support empirical research in (Computational) Social Sciences and (Digital) Humanities. We are part of the larger Data and Web Science group, a cluster of 7 faculty members and 20+ PhD students and researchers covering a wide range of topics in Data Science. More information can be found here [1].

* Terms and conditions *

We initially offer a one year position starting in June 2019 with a possible extension to three years after a positive evaluation.

* Diversity *

At the University of Mannheim we are strongly committed to increase the diversity of our staff and the percentage of members from underrepresented groups. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equally qualified candidates.

* Application *

Please send as a single PDF: CV, transcripts, names of two references and a brief motivation letter stating your research interests and past experience to wifo3-jobs at informatik.uni-mannheim.de. The position is open until filled.

[1] http://dws.informatik.uni-mannheim.de

-- Simone Paolo Ponzetto Data and Web Science Group University of Mannheim, Germany

http://dws.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~ponzetto Tel: +49 621 181 2647