[Corpora-List] EuroCALL graduate student SIG pre-submission peer-review

David Alfter david.alfter at svenska.gu.se
Tue Dec 11 13:00:16 CET 2018

Dear all,

after its inception in 2016, the EuroCALL graduate student SIG has been organizing a yearly pre-submission peer-review process.

We would like to continue this tradition this year as well.

We invite abstract submissions by all graduate students and PhD students of EuroCALL. The abstracts will be reviewed by peer graduate/PhD students and the feedback will be returned to authors approximately two weeks before the official EuroCALL submission deadline. This way, not only do the authors profit, but other SIG members also get the opportunity to review in a low-stakes situation.

If you would like to take this opportunity to get additional feedback on your abstract before submission, these are the deadlines:

Deadline for pre-submission peer-review: January 20, 2019

Feedback sent out to authors: February 2, 2019

Deadline for EuroCALL submissions: February 15, 2019

Abstracts are to be sent in anonymized format to david.alfter at gu.se by the deadline. Author name(s) and affiliation(s) should be indicated in the body of the email. Abstracts must not exceed 500 words, excluding the title, names and affiliations.

If you would like to participate as peer-reviewer, please fill in the following form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIQojhkfvAIQKy-21vZZ96f7AtGIH_7pcb7HOVlYB9uyXVcg/viewform

IMPORTANT:

***

This year, the EuroCALL graduate student SIG will hold elections. Chairs and secretaries hold positions for two years, which makes elections this year necessary.

The current chairs and secretaries are:

Chair: David Alfter Co-chair: Marta Fondo Garcia Secretaries: Waad Alzahrani, Shahla Adi

Current chairs/secretaries can put themselves up for vote again.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my resignation as chair of the EuroCALL grad SIG. I will continue chairing until the conference in August 2019. Please think about whether you would like to take any of these positions. In the absence of a chair and secretary, the SIG will cease to exist. Don't let that happen. If you think about putting yourself up for vote but have reservations/questions, send me a message.

***

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:

Twitter: @Eurocall_PhDSIG

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/428037054257228/

Best regards,

David and Marta

EuroCALL grad SIG chairs

David Alfter, Doctoral Researcher

Språkbanken, Department of Swedish University of Gothenburg Box 200 SE-405 30 Gothenburg +46 (0)31 786 4543

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5475 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20181211/e08919ee/attachment.txt>