[Corpora-List] Post-doc in Neural Machine Translation, Tartu, Estonia

Mark Fishel fishel at ut.ee
Fri Dec 7 10:29:13 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

reminder: we are looking for an awesome lieutenant into our reseach group, to work on neural machine translation as part of the project "Bergamot", funded under the Horizon-2020 programme. Send your applications by Dec. 14th, more info below!

Best, Mark

---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Mark Fishel <fishel at ut.ee> Date: Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 1:41 PM Subject: H2020-funded Post-doc in Neural Machine Translation, Tartu, Estonia To: corpora at uib.no <corpora at uib.no>

Hi all,

We are looking for a post-doc in neural machine translation as part of the Horizon2020 ICT RIA project “Bergamot: Browser-based Multilingual Translation“. If you have recently defended a PhD thesis (or are close to defending) and have experience with deep learning methods in machine translation and other sequence-to-sequence NLP, then this is your chance to work in close collaboration with several internationally renowned research groups and grow as an independent researcher.

The aim of the Bergamot project is to allow NMT engines to run offline in a web browser, while dynamically adapting to the user's requirements, content and the surrounding context, as well as yielding controllable output quality. As part of the position you will work on faster and lighter multi-domain and multilingual NMT approaches that can adapt to various kinds of context info.

*Partners:* - University of Edinburgh, UK (coordinator) - University of Sheffield, UK - Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic - University of Tartu, Estonia - Mozilla, Denmark

*Project duration:* 3 years (till December 2021)

*Duties as part of this position:* conducting research with top-level publications and practically usable results as outcome, collaboration with colleagues and partners, supervision of PhD students in the project, participation in our evil empire, help with planning world domination.

*Requirements:* PhD in computer science / computational linguistics / alike or equivalent work experience, solid research track, experience with deep learning methods in MT and NLP in general, strong knowledge of Python and deep learning frameworks (AllenNLP, PyTorch or others).

*Starting date:* early 2019

*To apply: *send me (fishel at ut.ee) your CV indicating your publication record, previous work and research experience, software repositories (if any) and other relevant info

*Application deadline:* December 14th, 2018

Best, Mark Head of TartuNLP <http://nlp.cs.ut.ee/> UniTartuCS <http://www.cs.ut.ee/> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3425 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20181207/5e9a5ad8/attachment.txt>