[Corpora-List] 2nd call for proposals, Biomedical Linked Annotation Hackathon (BLAH5)

Jin-Dong Kim jdkim at dbcls.rois.ac.jp
Tue Dec 4 09:18:46 CET 2018

The 5th Biomedical Linked Annotation Hackathon (BLAH5), 12-15 January 2018, Kashiwa, Japan http://blah5.linkedannotation.org

**The submission due of proposals (up to 2 pages in PDF) is 14th December**

BLAH (Biomedical Linked Annotation Hackathon) series is organized to promote collaboration for sharing and linking resources for biomedical literature annotation and mining. Here, interested resources include corpora, annotation datasets, databases, software tools and services, terminologies, ontologies, graphics, movies, and so on. However, we hope they are all to be linked each other, particularly through literature, as literature for long time has played a central role for publication of scientific discoveries.

As a hackathon event, we are going to pay our efforts to implement things: each participant is encouraged to come with resources to share and to make links to other resources. Through collaboration during day time, those resources will become more available to the public in a interlinked way. During night time, a venue for creative discussions will be organized, which sometimes bring brilliant ideas. We solicit participation of researchers, engineers, and practitioners, who are interested in sharing and linking resources for biomedical literature mining.

We set "shared tasks" as the special theme of BLAH5, and encourage potential participants to consider their contribution to that direction.

# Keynote speakers

Dina Demner Fushman, NLM Lorraine Goeuriot, Université Grenoble Alpes

# Call for Proposals - see http://blah5.linkedannotation.org/calls for full details

We solicit proposals (position papers) for the program of the symposium, and for collaboration during the hackathon

Submission due: 14th December, 2018 Notification : 21st December, 2018

The proceedings will be published as a special volume of the journal of Genomics & Informatics (https://genominfo.org/). A delegate of each paper to be included in the special volume will be awarded a sponsor travel support.

# Travel Supports (http://blah4.linkedannotation.org/travelsupports)

The authors of selected proposals will be candidates for travel support, provided by ROIS (http://www.rois.ac.jp/english/) and DBCLS ( http://dbcls.rois.ac.jp/en).

# Program Committee

Jin-Dong Kim, DBCLS, Japan Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, University of Colorado, USA Nigel Collier, University of Cambridge, UK Zhiyong Lu, NCBI, USA Fabio Rinaldi, University of Zürich, Swiss -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2921 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20181204/95942d27/attachment.txt>