[Corpora-List] Tool/program to estimate percent of English in a given text file?

Muhammad Shakir Aziz true.friend2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 23:08:03 CET 2017

Hi I am dealing with computer mediated discourse and it has code switching as well. After my current project I plan to study it. To mark sentences with code switched texts, I thought Google Translate toolkit might be useful as it can take input and provide detected language name and a number (0-1) telling the confidence of detection result. But Google does not provide this service free as far as I have explored. Probably it isn't what you are looking for, just in case sharing maybe someone could provide a better idea to detect language or percentage of a certain language used in a given string. Regards