[Corpora-List] FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS: 5th Conference of the International Society for the Linguistics of English (ISLE5) - London, 17 - 20 July 2018 - DEADLINE Nov. 30th

De Felice, Rachele r.defelice at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 10:51:30 CET 2017

Dear colleagues,

You are invited to join us in London for the 5th ISLE conference. We have a busy schedule planned, including four plenary speakers, workshops, paper and poster presentations, and of course a social programme.

Our confirmed plenary speakers are:

Anita Auer - Université de Lausanne Ilse Depraetere - Université de Lille III John McWhorter - Columbia University Peter Trudgill - University of East Anglia and University of Fribourg

Call for Papers:

5th Conference of the International Society for the Linguistics of English London, 17 - 20 July 2018

Key dates - Papers and Posters: Deadline for submission of abstracts: 30 November 2017 Notification of abstract acceptance: 31 January 2018 Deadline for submission of revised abstracts: 1 March 2018

We invite papers on any area of research pertaining to English linguistics, including syntax, morphology, semantics, pragmatics, language change, sociolinguistics, etc. Abstracts must be between 300 and 500 words long (excluding references) and must be fully anonymous. The deadline for submission is 30 November 2017; the online submission system (EasyChair) will open in July 2017. The abstracts will be reviewed anonymously and notification of acceptance will be sent out by the end of January 2018.

Conference Website:

All relevant information about the conference will be posted on http://www.ucl.ac.uk/english-usage/isle5/

We are looking forward to seeing you in London in July 2018!

The ISLE5 Organising Committee:

Bas Aarts, Kathryn Allan, Rachele De Felice, Karen Dwyer, and Sean Wallis

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3701 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/attachments/20171124/1597f12e/attachment.txt>