ICAME 39 – Second Call for Papers
The 39th Annual Conference of the International Computer Archive for Modern and Medieval
English will be proudly hosted by The University of Tampere, Finland, on May 30 – June 3, 2018.
The theme of ICAME 39 is Corpus Linguistics and Changing Society.
The conference will follow the typical ICAME format: on Wednesday we begin with pre-conference workshops, followed by the first plenary lecture, and an evening reception. Other regular events include the boat trip on Friday afternoon, and the gala dinner on Saturday evening. The conference will end at lunchtime on Sunday.
Conference Venue and Accommodation
The conference will be held at Tampere Hall Congress and Conference Centre, in Tampere. The venue is located across the road from the main campus of the University of Tampere, and is within easy walking distance of the city centre and most of the main accommodation options. Further information will be provided on the conference website (and in future circulars) before registration opens.
The programme will consist of full papers, work-in-progress reports, a poster session, software demonstrations, as well as invited plenary talks. The following speakers have agreed to give plenaries at ICAME 39:
· Marc Alexander: The Hansard Corpus through a telescope
· Alexandra D'Arcy: What can the kids tell us about language change?
· Martin Hilpert: The great temptation: What diachronic corpora do and do not reveal about social change
· Merja Kytö: tba
There will be four pre-conference workshops on Wednesday, May 30, 2018. Please see the conference website for the separate calls for papers for the workshops.
· Corpus approaches to conceptual metaphor and idioms in World Englishes (Marcus Callies & Alexander Onysko)
· Data visualization in corpus linguistics: Critical reflections and future directions (Ole Schützler & Lukas Sönning)
· Democratization in English(es): Synchronic and diachronic perspectives
(Lucía Loureiro-Porto & Turo Hiltunen)
· Discourse markers in the Outer and Expanding Circles: A corpus-linguistic perspective (Sven Leuckert & Sofia Rüdiger)
Call for Papers
We invite abstracts for full papers, work-in-progress reports, software demonstrations, and posters on any topic related to the conference theme.
· Full papers will be 30 minutes, including 10 minutes for discussion.
· Work-in-progress reports will be 15 minutes, including 5 minutes for discussion.
· Software demonstrations will be 30 minutes, including 10 minutes for discussion.
· Posters. Presenters will briefly (about 5 mins) introduce their posters during a special session. Posters must be maximum A0 size (portrait), and will be on display for the duration of the conference.
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts should be between 400 and 500 words (excluding references) and should clearly state research questions, approach, method, data and (expected) results. Authors may submit a maximum of two abstracts if at least one paper is co-authored.
Abstracts must be submitted via the EasyAbs<http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ICAME39> online system.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 15 December 2017. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously, and notifications of acceptance sent out by 15 January 2018. Conference registration will open on 15 January 2018, with early-bird registration available until 31 March 2018.
For all communication, please use the conference email address: ICAME39 at uta.fi. For further information, please visit the conference website at http://www.uta.fi/ltl/en/ICAME2018.html. Follow us on Facebook!
Mark Kaunisto, Juhani Klemola (chair), Arja Nurmi, Päivi Pahta, Hanna Parviainen, Paula Rautionaho, Paul Rickman, and Veera Saarimäki
We look forward to welcoming you to Tampere in 2018!
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 14306 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/attachments/20171117/78715175/attachment.txt>