[Corpora-List] Last call, 4th Biomedical Linked Annotation Hackathon (BLAH4), deadline extended

Jin-Dong Kim jdkim at dbcls.rois.ac.jp
Wed Nov 15 06:08:22 CET 2017

The 4th Biomedical Linked Annotation Hackathon (BLAH4), 10-13 January 2018, Kashiwa, Japan http://blah4.linkedannotation.org

* The deadine of proposal submission is extended to 17th Semtember. * We appreciate those who have already submitted. * We are happy to announce four keynote speakers

BLAH4 is organized as an open forum for collaborative development of software, data sets, specifications, application cases, and so on, with the goal of creating “linked” annotation resources to biomedical literature. The event consists of a symposium (1 day) and a hackathon (3 days). The symposium will be used to exchange ideas and visions for the progress of the community, and the following three days will be dedicated to collaboratively developing the ideas. We view the hackathon is a new trend in establishing close collaborations for shared resources, in an era of open source software.

# Keynote speakers

- Nancy Ide, Vassar College - Ioannis Xenarios, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics - Hongfang Liu, Mayo Clinic - Barbara Grimpe, Univ. Düsseldorf

# Call for Proposals

We solicit proposals for the program of the symposium, and for collaboration during the hackathon

- Submission due: 17th November, 2017 (Extended) - Notification : 24th November, 2017

See http://blah4.linkedannotation.org/calls for full details

# Travel Supports (http://blah4.linkedannotation.org/travelsupports)

The authors of selected proposals may apply for travel support, provided by ROIS (http://www.rois.ac.jp/english/) and DBCLS (http://dbcls.rois.ac.jp/en).

# Program Committee

- Jin-Dong Kim, DBCLS, Japan - Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, University of Colorado, USA - Nigel Collier, University of Cambridge, UK - Zhiyong Lu, NCBI, USA - Fabio Rinaldi, University of Zürich, Swiss