PROPOR 2018 -- Call for Tutorials ======================================
PROPOR 2018, http://propor2018.ga/, taking place in Serra Gaścha, Brazil, in September 2018, seeks proposals for tutorials on any topic of language and speech processing. Especially encouraged are tutorials focusing on the processing of the Portuguese language.
• Submission deadline: 7 November 2017
Proposals for tutorials should contain:
• A title and brief description of the tutorial content
• A brief outline of the tutorial structure showing that the tutorial's core content can be covered in a three-hour slot (including a coffee break), or a six-hour slot (including two coffee breaks).
• A short biography on the tutorial instructor(s)
• A clear description of technical requirements for the tutorial (e.g., internet access)
• The language of the tutorial (English or Portuguese)
• If the same or a similar tutorial has been given elsewhere, a list of previous venues and approximate audience sizes
Submission will be done via email to the three tutorial chairs.
Tutorial Speaker Responsibilities
Accepted tutorial speakers will be notified by November 20, 2017 and must then provide an abstract of their tutorials for inclusion in the conference registration material by April 15, 2018, and the tutorial materials, including bibliography, by September 1, 2018.
Tutorial Speaker Retribution
Tutorial authors (one per tutorial) will have, provided there is a minimum of 15 attendees to the tutorial,
• free accommodation during the whole of PROPOR
• free registration in PROPOR
• Submission deadline for tutorial proposals: November 7, 2017
• Notification of acceptance: November 20, 2017
• Tutorial descriptions due: April 15, 2018
• Tutorial course material due: September 1, 2018
• Tutorial dates: September, 2018
• Alberto Simões – Linguateca & Instituto Politécnico do Cávado e do Ave (asimoes at ipca.pt)
• Diana Santos – Linguateca & Universidade de Oslo ( d.s.m.santos at ilos.uio.no)
• Diego Amancio – Universidade de São Paulo (diego at icmc.usp.br)
• Inquiries concerning tutorials can be sent to any of the tutorial co-chairs
Check the list of tutorials on previous PROPOR editions at the PROPOR website, http://propor2018.ga/tutorials/ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 8869 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/attachments/20171103/58ca5804/attachment.txt>