[Corpora-List] [CFP] Extended Deadline! Affective Content Workshop @ AAAI 2018

#KOKIL JAIDKA# KOKI0001 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Wed Nov 1 07:46:01 CET 2017

CALL FOR PAPERS - AffCon 2018: The AAAI Workshop on Affective Content Analysis

Website: https://sites.google.com/view/affcon18/home

Submission link: http://bit.ly/2lC3Pj7

Affect analysis refers to the set of techniques which identify and measure the ‘experience of an emotion’. This workshop focuses on analyzing affect in content including text, audio, images, and videos. All methods and models that measure affective responses to content are in the scope of the workshop.

Beyond unpublished work, we also welcome original work from papers in press, papers investigating multiple related themes, industry papers, and descriptions of running projects and ongoing work. We are also inviting submissions that have already been published at other venues for a poster + short presentation. The idea is to introduce the CS and the AI community with works in other domains.

Invited speakers: Dipankar Chakravarti (VirginiaTech), James Pennebaker (University of Texas Austin), Cristian Danescu-Niculescu-Mizil (Cornell University), Lyle Ungar (University of Pennsylvania)

We invite submissions on topics including text and multimedia, multilingual analysis and affective content understanding, applications of affect–based language processing, spoken vs. written language comparison, and analysis of online text content: both user generated and planned marketing communication. Specific examples of fields of interests include (but not limited to):

* Affect modeling in content

* Computational models for consumer behavior theories

* Psycho-linguistics, including stylometrics and typography

* Affect-aware text generation

* Spoken and formal language comparison

* Psycho-demographic profiling

* Measurement and evaluation of affective content

* Modeling consumer’s affect reactions

* Affect lexica for online marketing communication

* Affective commonsense reasoning

* Affective human-agent, -computer, and -robot interaction

* Multimodal emotion recognition and sentiment analysis

CALL FOR DATASETS AND RESOURCES We also invite dataset papers which describe new data resources. Dataset paper submissions must comprise:

1. The data itself - organized as a single dataset or a group of datasets and,

2. Metadata which describes data collection and processing methods, documentation of the structure and descriptive statistics about the content and quality of the dataset

3. Authors should describe potential uses and applications of the dataset, but any sophisticated analysis can be a regular paper submission.

Submissions should be made via EasyChair and must follow the formatting guidelines for AAAI-2018 - 7 pages + 1 page references (use the AAAI Author Kit). All submissions must be anonymous and conform to AAAI standards for double-blind review.

Workshop URL: https://sites.google.com/view/affcon18/home Submission Site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=affcon2018

Important Dates:

November 10, 2017 : EXTENDED Submission deadline! Submissions via EasyChair<https://easychair.org/my/conference.cgi?welcome=1;a=12876176;conf=affcon2018> November 13, 2017 : Notification of acceptance/rejection November 21, 2017 : Camera-ready versions due December 8, 2017 : Early registration deadline February 2-3, 2018 : Workshop at AAAI 2018

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 18375 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://www.uib.no/mailman/public/corpora/attachments/20171101/a849ca25/attachment.txt>