[Corpora-List] WebIsALOD - Large-scale Hypernymy Dataset Released

Koos Wilt kooswilt at gmail.com
Thu May 18 12:01:47 CEST 2017

Heiko and others,

I hope my response is appropriate. I am conducting a series of experiments to show 'linguistics improves Text Analytics'. (philosophical underpinnings: low-hanging fruit in comparison to tedious Neural Net Studies; linguistics and statistics are complements, as Ken Church asks us to consider in A PENDULUM SWUNG TOO FAR.) Remaining on-topic, one of my experiments concerns hypernyms. In an ensemble with POS tagging, and regular SVO Triples, akin and applicable to Semantic Web stuff, SUBJECT PREDICATE OBJECT triples expanded with hypernyms brings correct classification from 343 out of 400 (baseline) to 377/400, quite an improvement.

My point is studying hypernyms and semantic in general is well worth it. And timely: I claim: all the parsers makes for us having conquered syntax.

I do not have the code for all this ready to present, but here's a taste of what I already have but not uploaded to GitHub yet: the code showing the improvement of just plain SUBJECT PREDICATE OBJECT triples (343/400 --> 363/400). Disclaimer: code not reviewed, written hurriedly for proof-of-concept.

https://github.com/Koos12/Cosine_sim_Python-w.n.w.o.Parser

Best regards,

-Koos

: