[Corpora-List] Tenured Assistant Professor in Computational Linguistics/NLP, University of Amsterdam

Khalil Sima`an k.simaan at uva.nl
Mon May 8 14:36:15 CEST 2017

================================================== Assistant Professor in Computational Linguistics University of Amsterdam Application deadline: 15 May 2017 ==================================================

The Institute for Logic, Language and Computation invites applications from excellent researchers in the field of Computational Linguistics / Natural Language Processing for a tenured Assistant Professorship at the Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam. Depending on their level of seniority, candidates may instead be considered for an Associate Professorship.

The ILLC is home to a leading research group in Computational Linguistics with a long history in statistical natural language processing since the early 1990s. Current research includes computational and digital humanities (Rens Bod), probabilistic parsing and grammar induction (Tejaswini Deoskar), computational pragmatics and dialogue modelling (Raquel Fernandez), information retrieval (Jaap Kamps), statistical morpho-syntactic parsing and machine translation (Khalil Sima’an), optimality theory and discourse (Henk Zeevat), and computational cognitive science (Willem Zuidema).

We are looking for an excellent researcher in the field of Computational Linguistics / Natural Language Processing to join our team. We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in deep neural networks and other machine learning techniques. A track record in statistical computational semantics and willingness to interact with formal semanticists and cognitive scientists would be a plus.

The full job description as well as details on the requirements and the application procedure are available at http://tinyurl.com/assistantprofessor-nlp-illc

The vacancy is for a permanent position, with a two-year probation period. The starting date of the appointment should be as soon as possible, preferably by autumn 2017. Applications must be received by 15 May 2017.

The University of Amsterdam strives for a better gender balance in its staff. Female candidates will therefore be given preference in case of equal suitability. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.

Professor Dr. Khalil Sima'an Chair of Computational Linguistics | Vici Laureate Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) University of Amsterdam (UvA) Visitors: Science Park 105, 1098 XG Amsterdam, room F2.06 Post: P.O. Box 94242, 1090 GE Amsterdam http://staff.science.uva.nl/~simaan +31 (0) 20 525 6573 | k.simaan at uva.nl