[Corpora-List] WordNet ignores function words ...

David Wible wible at stringnet.org
Fri May 5 09:15:42 CEST 2017

May I add Zellig Harris along with Fries to those who pioneered corpus (and computational) linguistic work before the field(s) existed and before 'machine-readable corpus' became a redundant term. Citations of Harris seem to have spiked with the advent of computational approaches to distributional semantics by those who acknowledge his conceptualizations and his 'hand-crafted' implementations of these ideas.

- David