[Corpora-List] Final CFP - Foundations of Situated and Multimodal Communication (IWCS workshop)

JULIE JOANNA HUNTER juliejoanna.hunter at upf.edu
Fri Jun 30 10:12:00 CEST 2017

The Foundations of Situated and Multimodal Communication ========================================================= Final Call for Papers

Workshop at the International Conference on Computational Semantics (IWCS) September 19, 2017 Montpellier, France

WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION AND TOPICS ===============================

We invite submissions on foundational, conceptual, and practical issues involving situated and multimodal communication. Relevant questions include but are not limited to:

-What is the nature of the non-linguistic context? -What is the range of ways that gesture and speech exploit the non-linguistic context and how do they exploit it differently? -What are the practical and/or computational advantages in using non-linguistic context to convey meaning? -How can we measure the effects of non-linguistic context on meaning? -How do we exploit corpora to address the task of analysing multimodal communication? -How should we model agents for human-robot interactions? -Should we ensure that interlocutors' vision of the external world is coherent? If so, how do we do this? -How do we model cases in which different interlocutors adopt different perspectives on the same non-linguistic context? -How do we handle the need to disambiguate a message?

INVITED SPEAKERS =================

Cynthia Matuszek, University of Maryland, Baltimore County Siddharth Narayanaswamy, University of Oxford

IMPORTANT DATES ================

Deadline for submission: 13 July 2017 Notification of acceptance: 7 August 2017 Deadline for camera-ready version: 4 September 2017 Workshop Date: 19 September 2017

SUBMISSION ==============

We invite anonymized submissions of 5 pages (excluding references). Because accepted workshop papers will be published together with the general program papers, we ask you to follow the formatting guidelines for the IWCS general program:

https://www.lirmm.fr/iwcs2017/iwcs_instructions.php

Papers should be submitted through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwcs2017

For each accepted paper, we will decide whether to have an oral or poster presentation, depending on reviewer suggestions and the overall workshop schedule.

SUPPORT =======

We are very grateful for sponsorship from the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance (SICSA) for holding this workshop.

MORE INFORMATION ================

For more information, visit the workshop webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/sitcomfoundations/

or contact Julie Hunter: juliejoanna.hunter at upf.edu

ORGANIZERS ===========

Nicholas Asher Julie Hunter Alex Lascarides Rachid Alami