[Corpora-List] Exciting NLP Positions at Airbnb

Yashar Mehdad ymahdad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 20:08:34 CEST 2017

Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and providing a world class experience to our users is critical to our mission.

We are looking for experienced NLP research and data scientists to join our team and expand upon the work we have done or just started in Seattle or San Francisco. Here are some examples of projects we need your help with: conversational agents, question answering, auto-reply suggestions, article recommendation, multi-label learning and review analytics.

We have an incredible team of Data Scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you are excited about such applications and also you want to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.

Some examples of traits we value:

- Industry experience and PhD degree in NLP or ML. Master's degree with

industry experience also encouraged to apply.

- Solid understanding of NLP field

- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before

relying upon it

- Professional experience in dealing with complex NLP problems

- Intuition for data/research science best practices, stemming from

experience

- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change

- Being able to lead projects and work with cross-functional teams

- Solid technical background (e.g., algorithms, coding, prototyping, NLP

systems and architecture)

If you are interested, please send me your resume (to: ymahdad at gmail.com) or contact me in LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/yasharmehdad/) with reference to this post. In addition, if you'd like to talk to me in person I will attend ACL in August.

Cheers, Yashar Mehdad

*Science Manager, Airbnb* *#BelongAnywhere* -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2210 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170629/5d32e09f/attachment.txt>