[Corpora-List] Pre-Call Shared Task on the Analysis of Narrative levels Through Annotation (SANTA)

Nils Reiter nils.reiter at ims.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 27 08:55:18 CEST 2017

Pre-Call 1st Shared task on the Analysis of Narrative levels Through Annotation (SANTA) https://sharedtasksinthedh.github.io

Dear all,

We would like to draw your attention to a community-oriented initiative that will introduce a new format of collaboration into the field of Humanities: The 1st Shared Task on Narrative Level Annotation. It is an extension of the established shared task format from the field of Computational Linguistics to Literary Studies and will commence this fall. The goal of the first stage of the (two-staged) shared task is the *collaborative creation of annotation guidelines*, which in turn will serve as a basis for the second round, an automatisation-oriented shared task. The 1st call for participation is to be sent in August 2017. The audience for the first round of the shared task are researchers interested in the (manual) analysis of narrative.

We are sending this pre-call in order to a) make you aware of this activity and b) give you the opportunity to coordinate a possible participation with your teaching or research activities in winter/fall.

Please check out our web page and feel free to point other colleagues to it. If you have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards, Evelyn Gius, Nils Reiter, Jannik Strötgen and Marcus Willand

Overview https://sharedtasksinthedh.github.io/overview/

FAQ https://sharedtasksinthedh.github.io/faq/

Leaflet https://sharedtasksinthedh.github.io/assets/generic/Flyer_2017-04-24.pdf