[Corpora-List] Survey - new genres for the GUM corpus

Amir Zeldes Amir.Zeldes at georgetown.edu
Mon Jun 26 23:37:44 CEST 2017

Dear corpora list,

Please help decide the new genres for the GUM corpus!

For the past three years, we have published a small but very richly annotated corpus called GUM, the Georgetown University Multilayer corpus, annotated by students at Georgetown University (https://corpling.uis.georgetown.edu/gum/). Data in the corpus comes from four sources, available under a Creative Commons license:

- Wikimedia interviews

- Wikinews news articles

- Wikivoyage travel guides

- wikiHow how-to guides

For the fourth year of GUM data collection, we plan to switch to four new genres in order to broaden corpus coverage. If you have a moment, I would appreciate getting your opinions and suggestions on some options we've been considering using this very brief survey:

https://georgetown.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cTrenBZA4QD7oqN

Please try to respond by July 20. I will post a message about the results of the survey after this deadline.

Thanks for your help,

Amir Zeldes

Dr. Amir Zeldes

Asst. Prof. of Computational Linguistics

Department of Linguistics

Georgetown University

1437 37th St. NW

Washington, DC 20057

<http://corpling.uis.georgetown.edu/amir> http://corpling.uis.georgetown.edu/amir

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7280 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170626/16f97e49/attachment.txt>