[Corpora-List] I-LanD Journal: Open Call for Special Issue Proposals

Antonio Fruttaldo antonio.fruttaldo at unina.it
Mon Jun 12 15:28:24 CEST 2017

[Apologies for cross-posting]

I-LanD Journal - Identity, Language and Diversity

International Peer-Reviewed E-Journal

Open Call for Special Issue Proposals

I-LanD Journal - Identity, Language and Diversity n.1 - 2018

The I-LanD Journal (http://iniziative-editoriali.it/shop/i-land-journal-identity-language-anddi versity/) reflects a commitment to publishing original and high quality research papers addressing issues of identity, language and diversity in different discourses from new critical and theoretical perspectives. All submissions are double blind peer-reviewed. In fulfillment of its mission, the I-LanD Journal provides an outlet for publication to international practitioners, with a view to disseminating and enhancing scholarly studies on the relation between language and ethnic/cultural identity, language and sexual identity/gender, as well as on forms of language variation derived from instances of contamination/hybridization of different genres, discursive practices and text types.

Through this Call for Special Issue the editorial team of the I-LanD Journal intends to solicit high-quality proposals that will be evaluated in a competitive procedure.

Proposals for a Special Issue should have a unifying theme and reflect, at an international level, the work in a particular research area in which future investigation may be boosted by the publication of a set of excellent papers. Proposals for a Special Issue should be sent to the two Editors-in-Chief of the Journal ( <mailto:ilandjournal at unior.it> ilandjournal at unior.it) by July, 15th 2017 and contain:

- the name and e-mail address for communication of prospective Guest Editors (at least two); to improve the Journal's geographical variety and internationalization, at least one of the Guest Editors' countries of affiliation should be different from the others;

- a working title;

- a 500 word rationale clearly explaining the scope and significance of the proposed theme;

- the name of ten possible reviewers of the single papers who are not involved in any way in the preparation of the Special Issue.

The special issue is planned for June 2018, so the publication calendar for Guest Editors is the following:

- Publication of the call for papers by guest editors: by August 10th 2017

- Submission of abstracts to guest editors: by October 10th 2017

- Submission of chapters to guest editors: by February 25th 2018

- Submission of proofs to contributors: by the end of March 2018

- Submission of final manuscript: May 2018

The length of individual papers is usually about 7-8,000 words, excluding references. The number of papers in a Special Issue is usually between 6 and 8, but could include more if justified.

The selection of the best proposal is the outcome of a collaborative evaluation by all members of the editorial team according to the following criteria:

- suitability of the topic for the I-LanD Journal;

- overall quality of the proposal: originality and contribution to the field;

- theoretical background of the rationale and individual papers;

- methodological adequacy of the individual papers;

- completeness of the proposal;

- feasibility of the plan for delivery.

The Editors-in-Chief of the I-LanD Journal, together with a number of Advisory Board members selected according to the proposed topics, will examine all proposals and their decision will be communicated to the Guest Editors by August, 10th 2018. Once a highquality proposal has been selected from among those submitted, it will be the responsibility of the Guest Editors to proceed within the agreed time limit.

We are looking forward to receiving your proposals,

Giuditta Caliendo (University of Lille)

Maria Cristina Nisco (University of Naples Parthenope)

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 11407 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170612/c714ccb6/attachment.txt>