[Corpora-List] Deadline extended: Call for Papers - EMNLP Workshop on Building Linguistically Generalizable NLP Systems

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Sat Jun 10 00:53:30 CEST 2017

Deadline extended to June 10!

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Sudha Rao <raosudha at cs.umd.edu> Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:16 AM Subject: Call for Papers - EMNLP Workshop on Building Linguistically Generalizable NLP Systems

Workshop on Building Linguistically Generalizable NLP Systems To be held at EMNLP 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark on September 8

Workshop website: http://generalizablenlp.weebly.com

CALL FOR PAPERS

We will have two types of papers: (1) research contributions; (2) shared task descriptions. If you are interested in participating in the shared task, please visit http://bibinlp.umiacs.umd.edu and sign up for the mailing list. For research contributions, we welcome papers related to linguistic knowledge in many phases of the NLP pipeline, including:

1. Task design and choice of language(s)

2. Annotation schema design

3. System architecture design and/or feature design

4. Evaluation design and error analysis

5. Generalization beyond training data

Although we welcome papers on any of these topics, our focus is on (1), (4) and (5).

Contributed papers should follow the EMNLP formatting guidelines and be between 4 and 8 pages in length. (Reviewers will be told that there is no penalty for writing a shorter submission.) Each paper will be reviewed by three reviewers with at least one linguist reviewing each paper, so please keep that in mind when writing your paper.

Deadlines:

Research contribution paper submission: *June 10 (note extended deadline)* Shared task description paper submission: June 15 Acceptance notification: June 30 Camera-ready submission: July 14

Submissions will be through START, link to be provided.

-- Emily M. Bender Professor, Department of Linguistics Check out CLMS on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/uwclma -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3134 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170609/637271aa/attachment.txt>