[Corpora-List] Event identification tool

Aldo Gangemi aldo.gangemi at lipn.univ-paris13.fr
Wed Jul 26 14:46:35 CEST 2017

Hi Andreea, one established tool for (explicitly mentioned) event extraction is FRED [1]. It uses a pipeline of NLP and Semantic Web techniques to extract a “knowledge graph”, in which events are typed (independently from the parts of speech they are expressed by), and associated among them and with their participants. They are also linked automatically to publicly identified entities and concepts. Only requirement: need to learn the basics of RDF and SPARQL languages.

Aldo

[1] http://wit.istc.cnr.it/stlab-tools/fred/