2st Summer Datathon on Linguistic Linked Open Data (SD-LLOD’17)
The 2st Summer Datathon on Linguistic Linked Open Data (SD-LLOD-17) will be held from June 26th to 30th 2017 at Residencia Lucas Olazábal of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Cercedilla, Madrid. See http://datathon2017.retele.linkeddata.es
The SD-LLOD datathon has the main goal of giving people from industry and academia practical knowledge in the field of Linked Data applied to Linguistics. The final aim is to allow participants to migrate their own (or other’s) linguistic data and publish them as Linked Data on the Web. This datathon series is unique in its topic worldwide and continues from the success of the event two years ago (see http://datathon.lider-project.eu/). This edition is supported by the ReTeLe <http://retele.linkeddata.es/> Spanish excellence network and by the Early Career Research Group “Linked Open Dictionaries (LiODi) <http://www.acoli.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/liodi/>” funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
During the datathon, participants will:
* Generate and publish their own linguistic linked data from some existing data source.
* Apply Linked Data principles and Semantic Web technologies (Ontologies, RDF, Linked Data) into the field of language resources.
* Use the principal models used for representing linguistic linked data, in particular OntoLex-Lemon and NIF.
* Perform Multilingual Word Sense Disambiguation and Entity Linking for the Web of Data.
* Learn about potential benefits and applications of linguistic linked data for specific use cases.
The program of the summer datathon will contain three types of sessions:
1. Seminars to show novel aspects and discuss selected topics.
2. Practical sessions to introduce the basic foundations of each topic, methods, and technologies and where participants will perform different tasks using the methods and technologies presented.
3. Hacking sessions, where participants will follow the whole process of generating and publishing Linguistic Linked Data with some existing data set.
Participants will be invited to propose a “miniproject” related to the topic and to bring to the datathon some dataset of linguistic data produced by their organizations in order to work on it during the hacking sessions and transform it into linked data. Participants who cannot provide their own linguistic dataset can join another’s miniproject or some of the ones proposed by the organisers. There will be an award to the best miniproject.
Participants will be invited to submit a short abstract of their ideas for the datathon (description of possible resources to be converted, linked or reused during the datathon, ideas for use cases, etc.). A selection of them will be presented in a poster session during the event and might be proposed as miniprojects to be developed during the datathon. Registration will be closed on 24th March.
Registration opens: 01/02/2017
Registration closes: 24/03/2017
Abstracts submission until: 24/03/2017
Payment until 21/04/2017
Datathon: 26/06/2017 to 30/06/2017
Jorge Gracia (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
John P. McCrae (Insight Centre for Data Analytics, NUI Galway) Christian Chiarcos (Goethe Universität Frankfurt) -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 14661 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170125/70463b2b/attachment.txt>