[Corpora-List] Constraint Grammar Workshop at NoDaLiDa 2017

Eckhard Bick eckhard.bick at mail.dk
Wed Jan 25 14:30:28 CET 2017

CONSTRAINT GRAMMAR WORKSHOP - CALL FOR PAPERS

Constraint Grammar - Methods, Tools and Applications

in conjunction with NoDaLiDa 2017, Göteborg, Sweden, May 22, 2017

https://visl.sdu.dk/nodalida2017.html

This workshop on practical and theoretical aspects of CG will be co-located with NoDaLiDa 2017 in Gothenburg, and held on the 22nd of May, 2017. The new edition of the workshop continues the tradition of CG workshops at NoDaLiDa, unbroken since 2005. Apart from the traditional CG field of corpus-oriented tagging and parsing, there is now a growing body of applicational work, where CG provides the backbone of end user-oriented systems in various areas of language technology, such as spell and grammar checking, comma correction, ICALL, machine translation, lexicography and others. We therefore envision workshop contributions both regarding basic grammatical research and corpus linguistics on the one hand, and CG-based applications on the other hand. CG has always elicited a strong interest from researchers working on less-resourced languages, and we therefore explicitly welcome work targeting minor languages, such as the Sami languages, Greenlandic, Faroese, Tibetan and the Celtic languages.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

We invite contributions concerning CG grammars for various languages or CG systems used in tools and applications. Research reports from fields relevant to the CG framework on the input side - such as finite-state analyzers, ontologies etc. - are also welcome. Finally, we are hoping for methodological contributions and experiments exploiting advances in expressive power in the most widely used CG compiler, CG-3. As usual, we encourage short papers on ongoing work.

The workshop will be organized as a half-day workshop with both full and short papers. Contributions will be reviewed anonymously, and the papers will be published in the NoDaLiDa 2017 workshop proceedings.

We invite extended abstracts, approximately 1500 words (for an 8 page full paper) or 750 words (for a 4 page short paper) - additional pages with bibliographic references not included.

Final full versions of accepted papers can be submitted after the workshop, and will be published in the NEALT Proceedings Series by Linköping University Electronic Press.

IMPORTANT DATES

Monday, March 27, 2017: Submission of abstracts

Monday, April 10, 2017: Notification of acceptance

Monday, May 1, 2017: Camera-ready abstracts

Monday, May 22, 2017: Workshop (NoDaLiDa main conference 23-24 May)

Monday, June 19, 2017: Submission of camera-ready full manuscripts

SUBMISSION FORMATS

All submissions must follow the NoDaLiDa 2017 style files, which are available for LaTeX (preferred) and MS Word and can be retrieved from the following address:

http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/~bea/nodalida17/ <http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/%7Ebea/nodalida17/>

Submissions must be anonymous, i.e. not reveal author(s) on the title page or through self-references. Abstracts must be submitted digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the on-line conference system. Abstract submissions that violate either of these requirements will be returned without review.

We invite extended abstracts, approximately 1500 words (full paper) or 750 words (short paper) - additional pages with bibliographic references not included.

SUBMISSION MANAGEMENT

Submissions to the conference must be uploaded electronically, obeying the above requirements and no later than (end of day, world-wide):

Monday, March 27, 2017

NoDaLiDa 2017 utilizes the EasyChair conference management system for submission, reviewing, and preparation of proceedings. Submission for the conference can be made at:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cgworkshop2017

ORGANIZERS

* Eckhard Bick, eckhard.bick at mail.dk <mailto:eckhard.bick at mail.dk> (Institute of Language and Communication, University of Southern Denmark)

* Tino Didriksen, mail at tinodidriksen.com <mailto:mail at tinodidriksen.com> (GrammarSoft ApS)