The Research Institute of Information and Language Processing (RIILP), University of Wolverhampton (UK), is delighted to announce the launch of a new 1-year MA course in Practical Corpus Linguistics for ELT, Lexicography, and Translation, starting in September/October 2017.
The course is interdisciplinary, offering components in linguistics (with a focus on lexis and phraselogy) and computing Options include:
- How people use words to make meanings;
- How to analyse real language usage;
- The role of phraseology, metaphor, and idioms;
- Creative and poetic uses of language;
- New approaches to language teaching;
- Translation tools such as translation memory systems;
- Creating dictionaries using new kinds of evidence;
- Using computer tools for teaching and translation.
For further information, contact Dr Sara Moze (course leader) – S.Moze @wlv.ac.uk or April Harper (admin office) – A.Harper2 at wlv.ac.uk. <A.Harper2 at wlv.ac.uk>
See http://rgcl.wlv.ac.uk/macorling or download our flyer: http://rgcl.wlv.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/MA- Practical-Corpus-Linguistics-for-ELT-Lexicography-and-Translation.pdf
<http://rgcl.wlv.ac.uk/macorling> Apply here: http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/ course.asp?code=WL049P31UVD -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2776 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170124/e8df96f3/attachment.txt>