[Corpora-List] [Call for Participation] Jan 30th Tutorial on NLP for Music Information Retrieval (UPF, Barcelona)

ESPINOSA ANKE, Luis luis.espinosa at upf.edu
Mon Jan 23 16:22:14 CET 2017

Dear list members,

We invite you to attend a free tutorial on NLP for Music Information Retrieval (MIR), which will be held at Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona (Spain) next Monday, Jan 30th. Feel free to distribute at your convenience.

----- Description -----

An increasing amount of musical information is being published daily in media like Social Networks, Digital Libraries or Web Pages. All this data has the potential to impact musicological studies, as well as tasks within MIR such as music recommendation. Making sense of it is a very challenging task, and so this tutorial aims to provide the audience with potential applications of Natural Language Processing (NLP) to MIR and Computational Musicology.

We will focus on linguistic, semantic and statistical-­based approaches to extract and formalize knowledge about music from naturally occurring text. We propose to provide the audience with a preliminary introduction to NLP, covering its main tasks along with the state­-of-­the-­art and most recent developments. In addition, we will showcase the main challenges that the music domain poses to the different NLP tasks, and the already developed methodologies for leveraging them in MIR and musicological applications. We will cover the following NLP tasks:

* Basic text preprocessing and normalization * Linguistic enrichment in the form of part-­of-­speech tagging, as well as shallow and dependency parsing. * Information Extraction, with special focus on Entity Linking and Relation Extraction. * Text Mining * Distributional Semantics for MIR

Tutorial Website: https://www.upf.edu/web/mdm-dtic/tutorial-natural-language-processing-for-music-information-retrieval -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2052 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170123/875a8f39/attachment.txt>