[Corpora-List] Word Sense Disambiguation: a Unified Evaluation Framework and Empirical Comparison (Rocco Tripodi)

Rocco Tripodi rocco.trip at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:30:10 CET 2017

Thanks, Alessandro for the great job.

I will evaluate my system (Tripodi R. and Pelillo M., 2017, A game-theoretic approach to word sense disambiguation <https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304469533_A_Game-Theoretic_Approach_to_Word_Sense_Disambiguation>, to appear in Computational Linguistics, 43,1) on your framework soon, since it has been cited in your paper but not evaluated.

Let me just add to your description that this system, even if it is graph and knowledge-based, it is completely different from the algorithms based on PageRank. For example, it disambiguates all words simultaneously and produces consistent labelings that correspond to Nash equilibria. That means, for example, that the word bank in "there is a financial institution near the river bank", will not be allowed to take the "financial institution" sense, since two related words in the text will be always disambiguated with coherent senses (because this choice gives higher payoff).

Hope that your advice will be taken! :)

Best regards, Rocco Tripodi

Postdoc Researcher European Centre for Living Technology Dipartimento di Studi Linguistici e Culturali Comparati Ca' Foscari University researchgate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rocco_Tripodi>

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5044 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170117/70ee7a9d/attachment.txt>