[Corpora-List] English Word Lists: Discourse Connectors & Politeness Words

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 11:21:05 CET 2017

Hi Richard

#1 Different linguists will of course label and group the items you mention in various categories that may differ from yours... #2 but yes, the Cobuild Grammar (1990) published extensive *corpus-frequency-derived* lists of such items... #3 The Cobuild Grammar is available in digital form at several websites, but you will need to check the index and the individual lists for the different category labels used by that Grammar, and perhaps regroup the items according to your own definitions.

best Ramesh

--- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 20:58:51 -0500 From: Richard Barrett <barrettr2 at mail.montclair.edu> Subject: [Corpora-List] English Word Lists: Discourse Connectors &

Politeness Words To: corpora at uib.no

Hello, I just wanted to ask the Corpora List if anyone on it happened to have or know of any resources that make list of English discourse connectors and politeness words. I appreciate it. Thanks. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1463 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170116/375436ff/attachment.txt>