The Asian Federation of Natural Language Processing (AFNLP) solicits proposals on any topic of interest to the natural language processing communities for IJCNLP 2017.
IJCNLP 2017 is the 8th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing. It will be held in Taipei, Taiwan, November 27-December 1, 2017. The dates for the IJCNLP workshops will be November 27 and December 1.
Proposals for workshops should contain:
- A title and brief (2-page max) description of the workshop topic and content.
- The desired workshop length (one or two days) and an estimate of the number of attendees.
- The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the workshop organizers, with one-paragraph statements of their research interests and areas of expertise.
- A list of Programme Committee members, with an indication of which members have already agreed. It is highly desirable for proposals to have at least 50% of the Programme Committee reviewers confirmed at the time of the submission. Organizers should do their best to estimate the number of submissions (especially for recurring workshops) in order to (a) ensure a sufficient number of reviewers so that each paper receives 3 reviews, and (b) anticipate that no one is committed to reviewing more than 2 papers. This practice is likely to ensure on-time, and more thorough and thoughtful reviews. Submissions should essentially be ready to be turned into a Call for Workshop Papers within one week of notification (see Timelines).
- A description of any shared tasks associated with the workshop.
- A description of special requirements for technical needs.
The workshop co-chairs will review the quality of the workshop proposals. Once the reviews are completed, the workshop co-chairs will work together to assign workshops to conference, taking into account the location preferences and constraints provided by the workshop proposers.
Proposals should be submitted as PDF documents. They should be attached and emailed to the workshop co-chairs.
TIMELINE FOR 2017 WORKSHOPS
Apr 1, 2017: Workshop proposal submission deadline
Apr 25, 2017: Notification of workshop proposal acceptance
May 1, 2017: Workshop website and first call for paper ready
May 15, 2017: Second call for paper sending-out
June 15, 2017: Third call for paper sending-out
Sep 5, 2017: Paper submission deadline
Sep 30, 2017: Notification of acceptance
Oct 10, 2017: Camera ready deadline
Nov 27, 2017: Pre-Conference Workshops
Dec 1, 2017: Post-Conference Workshops
Min Zhang, Soochow University, minzhang at suda.edu.cn
Yue Zhang, Singapore University of Technology and Design, yue_zhang at sutd.edu.sg -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9923 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170114/0497b423/attachment.txt>