[Corpora-List] Postdoctoral Researcher in Natural Language Processing and Text Mining

Yannis Korkontzelos Korkonty at edgehill.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 16:36:45 CET 2017

Edge Hill University<https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/> - Department of Computer Science<https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/computerscience/>

Location: Ormskirk Salary: 32,958 to 37,075 per annum Fixed term: until 31st December 2019 Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Sunday 15 January 2017 Interview Date: Wednesday 01 February 2017 Reference: EHR0047-1216

An exciting opportunity to work on a Horizon 2020 project with high-profile research and industrial partners in a state-of-the-art facility.

About You

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher in Natural Language Processing and Text Mining at the Department of Computer Science, Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, UK.

You should have a PhD in the broad area of Computer Science with a focus in Natural Language Processing/Computational Linguistics/Text Mining. You must have strong programming skills and working experience in software development (Java/C++/Python or similar languages, SQL/NoSQL databases etc). A good knowledge of statistical and/or machine learning methods for NLP and a strong publication record in relevant conferences/journals are highly desirable.

You will have excellent communication skills, be flexible and be able to identify opportunities, and imbue high levels of professional integrity with stakeholders.

About the Role

The successful applicant will work on a 3-year Horizon 2020 project focusing on Open Source Software assessment. The objective is to design and develop innovative text mining methods for processing diverse data sources (e.g., social media posts, forum posts, bug tracker reports and website content) in order to inform decision makers about the quality of Open Source Software projects.

The successful applicant will work with world-class partners including the University of York, the University of Amsterdam, the University of L' Aquila and the Athens University of Economics and Business, The Open Group, Unparallel, Softeam, Frontendart, Bitergia, OW2 consortium and the Eclipse Foundation Europe.

Rewards/Benefits

We want you to feel happy when you come to work and proud when you go home.

We have excellent facilities within our bespoke Wellbeing Centre and our comprehensive staff health & wellbeing programme gives you the opportunity to; have a lunchtime stroll across our beautiful campus, a trim from our onsite hairdresser, car valeting, attend a family focused event, make an appointment for a massage and get together with colleagues over free food and drink to watch the latest film on one of our Film Nights. This is just a taste of what we are able to offer you at Edge Hill University.

About Us

"A great success story... an institution that improves and impresses year after year" - THE University of the Year 2014/15.

We are recognised for our outstanding achievements in student satisfaction, staff engagement, graduate employment and innovation as well as our strengthening research profile, investment and growth. The Times Higher award also celebrated our distinct role in "transforming lives" - reflecting a distinctive philosophy of creating opportunity from excellence.

Based on an award-winning campus in West Lancashire, and voted Best University Workplace 2015, Edge Hill University offers a stimulating and empowering environment for ambitious and high performing researchers.

For informal enquiries about this vacancy you may wish to contact Dr Yannis Korkontzelos (Principal Investigator) at Yannis.Korkontzelos at edgehill.ac.uk or Professor Nik Bessis (Co- investigator, Head of Department of Computer Science) at Nik.Bessis at edgehill.ac.uk

Further details: EHU website<https://jobs.edgehill.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=EHR0047-1216>

________________________________ Edge Hill University<http://ehu.ac.uk/home/emailfooter> Times Higher Education University of the Year 2014/15<http://ehu.ac.uk/unioftheyear/emailfooter> ________________________________ This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill or associated companies. Edge Hill University may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and business communications during staff absence.<http://ehu.ac.uk/itspolicies/emailfooter> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7358 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170109/4bcd7097/attachment.txt>