[Corpora-List] methods to identify the direction of causation

Marco Baroni marco.baroni at unitn.it
Thu Jan 5 13:23:29 CET 2017

Dear all,

With a few colleagues, we're working at the problem of identifying the prototypical relation of causation between words/concepts (e.g., virus causes death, rather than vice-versa).

We are framing this as an out-of-context, concept-level task (that is, we're not trying to identify the cause relation as it is expressed in specific sentences, but as it holds canonically between word pairs).

This is a new area for me, so I'd be grateful for pointers to papers that have proposed corpus-based methods to address this task.

Thanks in advance,

Marco -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 699 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170105/00cf57be/attachment.txt>