[Corpora-List] FW: CfP BAAL Corpus SIG Using Corpora in EAP

Benet Vincent ab6667 at coventry.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 14:49:54 CET 2017

Dear Corpora List members,

Please see below details of the 2017 BAAL Corpus SIG Symposium at Durham University

The 2017 BAAL Corpus SIG symposium will take place at Durham University on Friday 31 March 2017. The theme is "Using Corpora in EAP" and we are delighted to welcome Hilary Nesi as our keynote speaker. This symposium aims to bring together EAP practitioners who are using (or interested in using) corpora in their teaching. The keynote speaker is Professor Hilary Nesi who led the BASE (British Academic Spoken English) and BAWE (British Academic Written English) corpora projects. Members of the Durham University FOCUS corpus team will also be presenting findings from the latest phase of the "Write on the Edge" project, using corpus data to help students to write in unfamiliar genres. We welcome other talks on any aspect of using corpora in EAP, and hope that the event will be of interest and benefit to all EAP practitioners. Abstracts (ca. 250 words) are being accepted for 20 minute paper presentations on any aspect relating to the symposium theme. Please send abstracts by 31 January 2017 to Megan Bruce megan.bruce at dur.ac.uk<mailto:megan.bruce at dur.ac.uk>, stating your name, contact details and any technical requirements. Expect to receive notification of outcome by 20 February 2017. Please see attached announcement for further details including payment and accommodation. We look forward to seeing you in Durham in March Best wishes Megan Bruce

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6312 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170104/6b929084/attachment.txt> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: Registration form Corpus SIG 2017.doc Type: application/msword Size: 38400 bytes Desc: Registration form Corpus SIG 2017.doc URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20170104/6b929084/attachment.doc>