[Corpora-List] 2nd CFP: 4th Workshop on Argument Mining at EMNLP 2017

John F Sowa sowa at bestweb.net
Tue Apr 18 21:49:44 CEST 2017

Ivan,

I don't want to drag out the discussion, but note that the QA slides you cited don't mention why-questions. Their non-factoid examples begin with 'what': https://web.stanford.edu/class/cs124/lec/qa.pdf

But every step of an argument is an answer to a why-question: the choice of premises, the choice of argument patterns, or the conclusions drawn from them.

I admit that some arguments or steps in an argument are not presented as answers to why-questions, but they could be.

John