[Corpora-List] NLP Conference Calendar

Joel Tetreault tetreaul at gmail.com
Sat May 14 14:19:02 CEST 2016

(apologies for cross-posting)

Hi all, after 12 years of maintaining the conference calendar for the fields of Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing, I've decided to pass the torch onto younger and more capable hands! During this time, the field has grown considerably. For example, the number of NLP-related academic events reported on the calendar has increased from 67 in 2004 (when I first started) to nearly 170 in 2015. In 2016 alone there are already 100+ events entered into the calendar. This is a very exciting time to be in our field!

Going forward, University of Rochester PhD student Omid Bakhshandeh <https://www.cs.rochester.edu/~omidb/> will now be maintaining the new calendar, which can be found here:

http://cs.rochester.edu/~omidb/nlpcalendar/

Over the last few months Omid has been working with me on improving the functionality of the calendar to include a search bar, an interface for users to input an event, sortable columns, advancing on the circa-1995 style I have employed far too long, as well as a few other tricks. Omid has done a fantastic job putting this all together. However, there will always be areas for improvement and we look forward to your feedback (I'll be helping in an advisory role).

Going forward, the old site:

https://www.cs.rochester.edu/~tetreaul/conferences.html

will no longer be maintained, so please update your bookmarks accordingly so the search engines can pick up the new site.

Through doing this website, I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of people across the different subfields of NLP. I'd like to thank you all for your feedback, support and appreciation over the years. We have a really great community and I am happy to be a part of it!

Joel -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3732 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160514/bf6832da/attachment.txt>