[Corpora-List] Syntactic parsing performance by humans?

chris brew cbrew at acm.org
Fri May 13 21:50:04 CEST 2016

I should have included a plug for the survey of parsers and performance in.

http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/P15-1038

which is a successful effort to do something that Joel Tetreault asked me to do when I was in his team at Nuance. Comparisons like this are great fun to work on. One point that is worth really emphasizing is that there are lot of dimensions of performance and usability for systems of this complexity. For one application you might particularly want speed, for another every drop of accuracy that can possibly be had. For another your choice might be determined license terms, by cost, or by compatibility with your tools and infrastructure.

And of course there are new parsers every week...