[Corpora-List] Miriam Butt in the news: one of our own was the LINGUIST LIST featured linguist yesterday

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:36:56 CEST 2016

Many people in the CORPORA LIST and natural language processing communities know Miriam Butt through her work on grammar engineering. Miriam also has made extensive contributions to theoretical linguistics, and yesterday she was the featured linguist on the LINGUIST mailing list. LINGUIST reaches thousands of subscribers, and Miriam's feature is great publicity for our community, increasing our visibility within the broader linguistics community.

You can find a link to Miriam's story here:

http://blog.linguistlist.org/fund-drive/featured-linguist-miriam-butt/

-- Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD Director, Biomedical Text Mining Group Computational Bioscience Program, U. Colorado School of Medicine 303-916-2417 http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1141 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160512/e2a92112/attachment.txt>