[Corpora-List] Fifth Workshop on Computational Linguistics for Literature, call for participation

Stan Szpakowicz szpak at eecs.uottawa.ca
Fri May 6 16:49:15 CEST 2016

(apologies for cross-posting -:)

The Fifth Workshop on Computational Linguistics for Literature invites you to San Diego, California. There will be an exciting program on June 16, two vastly promising invited talks and seven regular presentation which cut a nicely wide swath through our diverse area of interest. Do visit the workshop Web site:

https://sites.google.com/site/clfl2016/

You will find the schedule there, a link to the draft proceedings (on the home page), and more on the invited speakers. In a nutshell: Patrick Winston from MIT will tell us about the role of stories in human intelligence, and about the Genesis story-understanding system. Loss Pequeño Glazier from SUNY Buffalo will introduce us to array poetics: how to use computer-generated groupings of natural language strings to explore new resonances of poetic space.

We *so* look forward to seeing you in San Diego.

Anna, Anna and Stan

-- Stan Szpakowicz, PhD, DSc, Emeritus Professor EECS, Computer Science, University of Ottawa