[Corpora-List] Call for Papers: CC-NLG - Computational Creativity in Natural Language Generation

Matthew Purver m.purver at qmul.ac.uk
Fri May 6 12:50:45 CEST 2016

apologies for the extra traffic, but the workshop location should have read "University of Edinburgh", not "Heriot-Watt University".

On 06/05/2016 11:43, Matthew Purver wrote:
> First Call for Papers: CC-NLG
>
> CC-NLG: Computational Creativity in Natural Language Generation
>
> A workshop at INLG 2016, September 5th/6th, Heriot-Watt University,
> Edinburgh, UK
>
> http://webprojects.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/mpurver/ccnlg/
>
> This workshop aims to bring together researchers dealing with text
> generation from a computational creativity perspective, and researchers
> in natural language generation with an interest in creative aspects.
> These two communities have been working separately for many years, as
> the focus in each one of them has been different: creativity research
> tends to be less focused on technical issues in natural language
> generation, and more on issues related to cognition, aesthetics, and
> novelty; while NLG research tends to focus on technical and theoretical
> aspects of processes, and information content and readability of output.
> However, recent progress in both fields is reducing many of these
> differences -- with creativity projects moving more towards robust
> implementation, and NLG research including stylistics, variation and
> literary genres such as poetry or narrative -- and we believe they are
> approaching the point where they can mutually benefit from ongoing work.
> By encouraging members of both communities to discuss work in related
> topics with each other, we hope to move towards better joint
> understanding of the problems involved.
>

> Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
>
> * Poetry Generation
> * Story Generation
> * Generation of Metaphor, Figurative and Rhetorical Language
> * Personality and Emotion in NLG
> * Creative Data-to-Text Models
> * Interactive Language Generation
> * Character-based Generation
>
> Submissions should follow the INLG submission format and length limits
> for long papers: http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab/INLG2016/
>

> Important dates:
>
> * Submissions due: June 10, 2016
> * Notification of acceptance: July 8, 2016
> * Camera-ready papers due: August 5, 2016
> * Workshop: TBD but one of September 5-6, 2016
>

> Organising Committee:
>
> Pablo Gervás, Carlos León, Gonzalo Méndez - Universidad Complutense de
> Madrid
> Matthew Purver, Sascha Griffiths, Geraint Wiggins - Queen Mary
> University of London
>

> Provisional Programme Committee:
>
> David Elson
> Pablo Gervás
> Mark Granroth-Wilding
> Sascha Griffiths
> Cyril Labbé
> Carlos León
> Maria Teresa Llano Rodriguez
> Stephen McGregor
> François Portet
> Matthew Purver
> Ehud Reiter
> Advaith Siddharthan
> Hannu Toivonen
> Alessandro Valitutti
> Pierre-Luc Vaudry
> [...]

-- Matthew Purver - http://www.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/~mpurver/

Computational Linguistics Lab - http://compling.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/ Cognitive Science Research Group - http://cogsci.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/

School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science Queen Mary University of London, London E1 4NS, UK