[Corpora-List] Computational Linguist position in Dublin

John Tinsley jtinsley at computing.dcu.ie
Thu May 5 13:50:07 CEST 2016

Hello!

At Iconic Translation Machines, we’re looking for a computational linguist to join our growing language technology team and work on cutting-edge machine translation and natural language solutions. Over the course of the last number of years, we’ve built a state-of-the-art platform for developing MT engines across a variety of complex language pairs and domains. With a growing client base and an ambitious product roadmap for for 2016 and 2017, it’s now time to bring things to the next level.

This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in the practical application of machine translation and language technology to solve real-world challenges. It’s ideal for someone who has a strong grounding in NLP but is willing to learn and try new things in a young, energetic, start-up environment based in beautiful Dublin, Ireland.

*Roles and Responsibilities*

- Stay up to date with latest advances in NLP research related to

machine translation

- Neural MT / deep learning

- Online learning / incremental retraining

- Quality estimation and evaluation

- Develop processes and techniques to improve our existing translation

architecture

- Language specific techniques e.g. morphological analysis,

syntax-based approaches

- Data selection, domain adaptation, and deep learning

- Language identification, multilingual optical character

recognition, and more

- Explore best practices when developing translation solutions and

engines for new language pairs, domains, and content types

- Work with our software engineering team to turn research techniques

into practical commercial solutions

- Work on broader considerations of practical machine translation use,

e.g. file processing, tag handling, data cleaning, and translation

efficiency

- Lead the implementation of end-to-end projects for new clients

*** You can see the full job description and apply directly at the link below

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/cap/view/131048925

Regards John

-- Dr. John Tinsley CEO & Co-Founder Iconic Translation Machines Ltd.

Machine Translation with Subject Matter Expertise

*We're hiring! --> **http://www.iconictranslation.com/careers <http://www.iconictranslation.com/careers>*

*Mob:* +353 (0)87 912 5659 *Tel: * +353 (0)1 4433 168 *Skype: *john_iconic *Web: *http://www.IconicTranslation.com <http://www.iconictranslation.com/> *Twitter:* @iconictrans -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3663 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160505/083d2e6b/attachment.txt>