JOB DESCRIPTION Do you have solid experience in computer programming, machine learning and large scale data processing using Spark or Hadoop/ MapReduce and do you have foremost appetite to learn new technologies? This might be your next challenge!
In line with the Elsevier corporate strategy of greater content volume, types and sophistication, the services that Elsevier provides are becoming increasingly dependent on Smart Content. We are looking for a Software Engineer with Machine Learning capabilities for our Core Capabilities team in executing that strategy.
As a Software Engineer Machine Learning you will be working with our business units on developing our content and information offering to end customers. These services may rely on existing text and data mining and classification processes that require improvements, but we also like to challenge you to be creative and envision new processes and procedures based upon your Machine Learning expertise.
Both a publisher and information solutions provider, Elsevier is looking for someone that is able to work on information from internal and external sources and using different (or no) data standards. Our search solutions depend heavily on concept indexing or annotation (for example using ontologies in the medical domain), relationship extraction or extracting data from images and tables.
You will be working in Elsevier Operations within a cross-functional team of IT and product colleagues to pilot and develop new methods of extracting and surfacing information relevant to our customers for new product development. When successful, you will support the implementation of industry-scale high-quality production systems.
This position is based in Amsterdam and you will report directly to the Head of Core Capabilities.
Text and data mining
* Bring active experience in to the organization on extraction text and data information from structured and unstructured data
* You are well-versed in machine learning and bring new processes into the organization in order to improve (in cost and time-efficiency) the data excerption processes that Elsevier is engaged with
Contribute to the content strategy
* Actively contribute to product and operational content strategies by identifying and ingesting new technical capabilities to forward Elsevier mission of leading the way in advancing science, technology and medicine
* Using the available base data and actively promoting new ideas of using this data to enhance our competitive offerings
Data analytics to support business and products
* Analyze extracted information to drive such processes as automated and manual data cleansing. Data analytics can also be used to identify research trends, or drive decision for our content acquisition strategy
* Using visualizations tools to present the extracted data to be ready for consumption will be another key ability
Serve as internal and external specialist on data extraction and Machine Learning matters
* Serve as a Machine Learning expert for the Core Capabilities team in the Content and Innovation group
* Actively contribute to a culture of product and process innovation
* Being a trusted resource in new development projects in Elsevier
* Acting as a liaison between IT developers and (content) subject matters experts, translating information needs into software development
* Coaching junior members on a need basis
Elsevier B.V. Registered Office: Radarweg 29, 1043 NX Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Registration No. 33156677, Registered in The Netherlands. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9806 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160318/e76d458c/attachment.txt>