The American Association for Corpus Linguistics (AACL) calls for proposals for paper presentations at their next conference, which is being held jointly with the 14th Annual Technology for Second Language Learning (TSLL) Conference, on September 16-18, 2016, at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
Submission of Abstracts
Faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars are invited to submit abstracts for 25-minute (20 minute presentation + 5 minutes for questions) on any aspect of corpus linguistics. Abstracts will undergo anonymous review.
Papers are welcome from a range of subfields in three categories:
1. Tools and methods (corpus creation, corpus annotation, tagging and parsing, visualization of large data sets, open source corpora (philosophy and practice), software development);
2. Linguistic analyses of corpora as they relate to language use (register/genre as well as lexical and grammatical variation, language varieties, parallel corpora, historical change, lexicography);
3. Application (the use of corpora in language teaching and learning).
* Cover page: Author(s) name(s); Affiliation; Contact information; Paper title; Category (see above)
* Abstract page: Paper title; Abstract (max. 250-300 words)
* Format: MS Word or PDF (the latter is necessary if the abstract contains specialized fonts)
Submit abstracts to aacl2016 at iastate.edu<mailto:aacl2016 at iastate.edu> by April 1, 2016. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the category your paper would most likely fit in (see categories above).
April 1, 2016 Deadline for submission of abstracts
April 30, 2016 Notification of decisions on abstracts
May 1, 2016 Early registration opens
July 1, 2016 Preliminary schedule posted
Aug 10, 2016 Early registration ends
Sept 10, 2016 Regular registration
Sept 16-18, 2016 Conference (Registration on site)
Bethany Gray Assistant Professor Applied Linguistics and Technology Program Department of English Iowa State University Ames, Iowa
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 17884 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160313/55bba7c9/attachment.txt>