[Corpora-List] Last call for abstract submission: Corpus studies at the lexis-grammar interface

Costas Gabrielatos costas at gabrielatos.com
Mon Mar 7 13:13:01 CET 2016

Corpus Linguistics in the South 12Corpus studies at the lexis-grammarinterface  Extended deadline for abstract submission: 10March 2016 https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/english/research/conferences/cls12

 The focus of CLS12 is the interaction of lexis and grammar.The focus is influenced by Halliday’s view of lexis and grammar as“complementary perspectives” (1991: 32), and his conception of the two as notionalends of a continuum (lexicogrammar),in that “if you interrogate the system grammatically you will get grammar-likeanswers and if you interrogate it lexically you get lexis-like answers” (1992:64).

 We welcome corpus-based papers which examine any aspect of theinteraction of lexis and grammar, or to extend Halliday’s conception, studieswhich interrogate the system lexicogrammatically to get lexicogrammaticalanswers. The studies … …      may be located more towards the lexis end or thegrammar end of the continuum.…      may be descriptive, theoretical or applied (e.g.related to lexicography or language teaching).…      may (but don’t need to) be situated within anytheoretical approach that recognises the combination or interaction of lexisand grammar (e.g. Construction Grammar, Lexical Grammar, Pattern Grammar,Systemic Functional Grammar). …      may be synchronic or diachronic.  We also welcome papers which discuss methodological issuesrelated to the corpus-based study of the lexis-grammar interface.  Presentations will be allocated a total of 40 minutes (includingat least 10 minutes for discussion). Please send an abstract of 400-500 words(excluding references) to Costas Gabrielatos (gabrielc at edgehill.ac.uk). Pleasemake sure to specify the research questions or hypotheses, the corpus and methodology,and the main findings.  The following colleagues have kindlyaccepted to review abstracts:
| Federica Barbieri | (Swansea University) |
| Gaëtanelle Gilquin | (Université catholique de Louvain) |
| Nick Groom | (University of Birmingham) |
| Andrew Hardie | (Lancaster University) |
| Sebastian Hoffmann | (University of Trier) |
| Andrew Kehoe | (Birmingham City University) |
| Gabriel Ozon | (University of Sheffield) |
| Magali Paquot | (Université catholique de Louvain) |
| Pascual Perez-Paredes | (University of Cambridge) |
| Paul Rayson | (Lancaster University) |
| Ute Römer | (Georgia State University) |
| María Sánchez-Tornel  | (University of Murcia) |
| Nick Smith | (University of Leicester) |
| Eivind Torgersen | (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) |
| Benet Vincent | (University of Birmingham) |
| Stefanie Wulff | (University of Florida) |

 CLS12 will take place on Saturday 2 April 2016 at Edge Hill University. As in all CLS events, participation is free. Coffee/tea and a light buffetlunch will be provided, but participants are expected to cover their travel andaccommodation costs. Please note that the number of places is limited, and placeswill be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.  If you wouldlike to register for this event, or require further information, please contact Costas Gabrielatos (gabrielc at edgehill.ac.uk).

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 23450 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160307/50781c27/attachment.txt>