[Corpora-List] DEADLINE EXTENSION: Second Workshop on Chatbots and Conversational Agent Technologies

Rafael E. Banchs rembanchs at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Wed Jun 29 05:22:46 CEST 2016

PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 6th

WOCHAT: Second Workshop on Chatbots and Conversational Agent Technologies http://workshop.colips.org/wochat/

Collocated with IVA 2016 in Los Angeles, California http://iva2016.ict.usc.edu/

Workshop Description:

Although non-goal-oriented dialogue systems have been around for many years (almost fifty years indeed, if we consider Weizenbaum's Eliza system as the starting milestone), they have been recently gaining a lot of popularity in both research and commercial arenas. From the commercial stand point, non-goal-oriented dialogue seems to be providing an excellent means to engage users for entertainment purposes, as well as to give a more human-like appearance to established vertical goal-oriented dialogue systems.

>From the research perspective, on the other hand, this kind of systems poses interesting challenges and problems to the research community. The main objective of the workshop is to bring together researchers working on problems related to chat-oriented dialogue for promoting discussion and knowledge sharing about the state-of-the-art and novel techniques in this field, as well as to coordinate a collaborative effort to collect/generate data, resources and evaluation protocols for future research in this area.

Topics of Interest:

This workshop invites original research contributions on all aspects of non-goal-oriented dialogue, including closely related areas such as knowledge representation and reasoning, language generation, and natural language understanding, among others. In this sense the workshop will invite for both long and short paper submissions in areas including (but not restricted to):

* Chat-oriented dialogue systems * Data collections and resources * Information extraction * Natural language understanding * General domain knowledge representation * Common sense and reasoning * Natural language generation * Emotion detection and generation * Sense of humour detection and generation * Chat-oriented dialogue evaluation * User studies and system evaluation * Multimodal human-computer interaction

Shared Task on Collecting Resources for Chat-oriented Dialogue:

As part of WOCHAT program activities, a shared task on data collection and annotation will be conducted. In this task, participants will generate human-machine and human-human dialogues and annotate them. Human-machine dialogues will be generated by using different online and offline chat engines, and annotations are to be generated following a provided set of guidelines. The collected dataset will be made publicly available to the research community for further research and experimentation in future editions of the workshop.

For more information about the shared task and how to participate in it please visit: http://workshop.colips.org/wochat/shared.html

Paper Format and Submissions:

Paper submissions to WOCHAT should follow the IVA 2016 paper submission policy. Submissions should be anonymous and in Springer LNCS format. Prospective authors are invited to submit full papers (up to 12 pages) or short papers (up to 8 pages). Paper submission link: https://wochat.confmaster.net

Important Dates:

JULY 6, 2016: Paper Submission Deadline EXTENDED July 26, 2016: Paper Acceptance Notification August 2, 2016: Camera Ready Version Deadline September 20, 2016: Workshop is held at IVA 2016

Program Committee Members:

* Björn Schuller, Imperial College London, UK * David Suendermann, Educational Testing Service (ETS), USA * Dilek Hakkani-Tur, Microsoft Research, USA * Gabriel Skantze, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden * Haizhou Li, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore * Jason Williams, Microsoft Research, USA * Jiang Ridong, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore * Justine Cassell, Carnegie Mellon University, USA * Kristiina Jokinen, University of Helsinki, Finland * Kotaro Funakoshi, Honda Research Institute, Japan * Laurence Devillers, LIMSI-CNRS, France * Luis D'Haro, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore * Luisa Coheur, Lisbon University, Portugal * Matthew Henderson, Google Research, USA * Michael McTear, University of Ulster, UK * Mikio Nakano, Honda Research Institute, Japan * Nick Campbell, Trinity College Dublin, Irland * Oliver Lemon, Heriot-Watt University, UK * Ramón López-Cózar, University of Granada, Spain * Sakriani Sakti, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan * Satoshi Nakamura, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan * Seokhwan Kim, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore * Sophie Rosset, LIMSI-CNRS, France * Stefan Ultes, Cambridge University, UK * Suraj Nair, Technische Universität München, Germany * Teruhisa Misu, Honda Research Institute, USA * Tomoki Toda, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan * Yasuharo Den, Chiba University, Japan * Shiv Vitaladevuni, Amazon, USA

Shared Task Co-organizers:

* Bayan Abu Shawar, Arab Open University, Jordan * Luis Fernando D'Haro, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore * Zhou Yu, Carnegie Mellon University, USA

Workshop Organizers:

* Rafael E. Banchs, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore * Ryuichiro Higashinaka, NTT Media Intelligence Laboratories, Nippon telegraph and telephone corporation, Japan * Wolfgang Minker, Institute of Communications Engineering, Ulm University, Germany * Joseph Mariani, LIMSI-CNRS, France * David Traum, University of Southern California, Institute for Creative Technologies, USA

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 11394 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160629/a5023471/attachment.txt>