[Corpora-List] Language and Law / Linguagem e Direito, vol. 3(1)

Rui Sousa-Silva r.sousa-silva at lforense.pt
Sat Jul 30 12:07:31 CEST 2016

Dear all,

We are delighted to announce that volume 3.1 of the international bi-annual journal Language and Law / Linguagem e Direito, the bilingual journal on Forensic Linguistics / Language and the Law, has just been published. This is the fifth issue of the journal, entirely dedicated to legal translation. The issue was guest edited by Luciane Fröhlich and includes eight original articles written in English and in Portuguese. The contents list of the journal is reproduced at the end of this message.

The journal is in electronic form and open access. It is available to download free, both from the journal website

http://llld.linguisticaforense.pt

and directly from the library of the University of Porto:

http://ler.letras.up.pt/site/default.aspx?qry=id05id1444id2725&sum=sim

This issue was originally planned to include articles on both legal translation and interpreting. However, since we received more contributions, and of a higher quality than anticipated, both the editors and the guest editors (Luciane Fröhlich, in charge of the legal translation issue, and Sandra Hale, in charge of the legal interpreting issue) decided to publish two separate volumes: the present volume (3.1) is therefore focused on legal translation; volume 3.2, which will be published by the end of December 2016, is entirely dedicated to legal interpreting.

We hope that issue 3.1, like its predecessors, pleases the increasing journal audience, both visually and scientifically. We also hope that this issue serves to encourage further submissions from researchers worldwide working in the areas of Forensic Linguistics and Language and Law wanting to share their research with the wider academic community through the journal pages. We recently announced a call for papers for volume 4.1, which will be published in June 2017. Your contribution is therefore very welcome.

Thank you very much for being part of this new journal.

Happy reading

Malcolm Coulthard & Rui Sousa-Silva (Editors)

CONTENTS LIST

Ficha Técnica / Front Matter Contents / Índice Guest Editor's Introduction Nota Introdutória

ARTICLES Hidden Translators: the Invisibility of Translators and the Influence of Lawyer-Linguists on the Case Law of the Court of Justice of the European Union Karen McAuliffe

Como se traduz no âmbito do Direito Comparado? Refexões a partir de casos práticos Márcia Atalla Pietroluongo

A tendência literalizante na tradução jurídica juramentada no Brasil: um estudo de caso Teresa Dias Carneiro

A formação do Tradutor Juramentado Orlanda Miranda Santos

Denúncia e Anklageschrift: um estudo contrastivo Tinka Reichmann

Multilingual, multicultural Europe and criminal law: Parental child abduction - a case study Joana Forbes & Belinda Maia

Teaching the Use of ad hoc Corpora in the Translation of Legal Texts into the Second Language Francisco J. Vigier Moreno

Conditio sine qua non: On Phraseology in Legal Language and its Translation Anna Ruusila & Emilia Lindroos

NOTES FOR CONTRIBUTORS

NORMAS PARA APRESENTAÇÃO E PUBLICAÇÃO

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 10146 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160730/ddefe612/attachment.txt>