Job Description: Director, Decision Sciences - (0080093) Chicago, IL, United States
http://www.conversantmedia.com/careers, then search for Job ID 0080093 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Director, Decision Sciences Chicago, IL, United States Full-time
The Director, Decision Sciences is responsible for working as part of a team of data scientists focused on building and improving the algorithms and models that support one of the Decision Sciences key focus areas. At the Director level, the applicant is expected to be able to lead other Data Scientists and Senior Data Scientists in both research and technical aspects of the projects. In our Decision Sciences R&D organization, you will be responsible for researching and building machine learning and natural language processing applications to extend Conversant's personalization platform. Conversant's business is based on analyzing anonymized data at internet scale and evaluating more than 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month in real-time. You will work on real-world problems as part of our highly collaborative R&D team, and your solutions will directly and rapidly impact our business. This hands-on leadership role will play a key role in Conversant's product development efforts including working with Product Management to help to define the product roadmap, determining key technologies and approaches, developing specific algorithms and models, and working with Engineering on implementation.
* Develop and manage talent by identifying the skills and performance criteria necessary for success and working with their Senior Director to manage key projects and direct other team members to meet and exceed these standards as well as provide career-building opportunities for team.
* Work with the business to understand requirements, and use your software engineering, machine learning, and natural language processing expertise to make strategic recommendations to create solutions.
* Conceptualize analytic approaches, build out data sets and models for testing and production.
* Design, implement, and validate solutions in Apache Spark and Apache Hive, using Scala or Python on a large state-of-the-art cluster.
* Coordinate implementations working closely with engineering, to implement specific solutions into Conversant's platform.
* Measure success and provide feedback, and monitor launch effectiveness of new initiatives.
* Identify requirements for future research focus in their key area. REQUIREMENTS
* Graduate degree, Ph.D. preferred, in Computer Science, Statistics, Linguistics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline
* Research experience and coursework in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
* 3+ years managing projects as a technical project leader
* 5+ years of programming experience in an industry environment
* 5+ years in positions applying machine learning, natural language processing, data science, and analytics to business critical decision processes
* 2+ years prior management experience
* Outstanding analytic and modeling skills, proficient at conceptualizing, implementing, and evaluating highly accurate and scalable solutions to business problems
* Excellent organizational, motivational and interpersonal skills, capable of interfacing well at multiple levels within a large organization
* Demonstrated ability to develop and lead complex research and development projects
* Demonstrated proficiency working with business and technical teams to integrate algorithms into product platforms on large data sets, at scale
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience
* Strong 'can do' attitude, thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment with many simultaneous projects
* Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or an MPP environment
* Strong understanding of machine learning, natural language processing, statistics, and modeling techniques
* Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment ADDITIONAL USEFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
* Experience with Computer Vision, Information Retrieval, or Recommender Systems
* Experience with SQL, Scala, Python, or Java
This email and any files included with it may contain privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution, posting, or use of the information contained in or attached to this email is prohibited unless permitted by the sender. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via return email, telephone, or fax and destroy this original transmission and its included files without reading or saving it in any manner. Thank you. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 25208 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20160726/3e204b23/attachment.txt>