[Corpora-List] POS annotated corpora

Amir Zeldes Amir.Zeldes at georgetown.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:47:17 CEST 2016

Hi Tobias,

For English, GUM is a 100% manually POS tagged corpus, which also contains a lot of other annotations:

https://corpling.uis.georgetown.edu/gum/

Also, if you’re interested in Coptic, we have a bunch of either fully manually annotated or manually corrected POS tagged corpora here:

http://copticscriptorium.org/

All of these corpora are free to download and use under a Creative Commons license.

Hope this helps,

Amir

From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no] On Behalf Of Sara Castagnoli Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 8:43 AM To: Horsmann, Tobias Cc: CORPORA at UIB.NO Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] POS annotated corpora

Hi Tobias,

as regards Italian, you may want to have a look at the PAISA' corpus (http://www.corpusitaliano.it/en/contents/description.html), a collection of Italian web texts licensed under Creative Commons. An annotated version can be downloaded directly from the website.

We performed manual evaluation of POS annotation on a small sample, and found that it achieves 96.34% accuracy.

Hope this helps,

Sara