[Corpora-List] threat / hate speeches corpus

Erik Velldal erikve at ifi.uio.no
Thu Apr 28 16:06:53 CEST 2016

Dear Mario.

We have a YouTube threat corpus at UiO/HiOA* with sentence-level annotations of threats of violence (or sympathies of threats of violence). The data set comprises 28,643 sentences across 9,845 comments for 8 different YouTube videos. Please do get in touch should you be interested in research on this.

* The corpus is jointly maintained by the Language Technology Group at the University of Oslo, and the Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences. The first version of the data set was compiled by Hugo Lewi Hammer and described in "Detecting threats of violence in online discussions using bigrams of important words" (2014), while more recent work will be presented in a an upcoming paper at the WASSA workshop at NAACL-HLT 2016; "Threat detection in online discussions" by Aksel Wester, Lilja Øvrelid and Erik Velldal.

Cheers, Erik