[Corpora-List] Corpora with prosodic tagging

Kristine Yu krisyu at linguist.umass.edu
Wed Apr 20 14:46:08 CEST 2016

Dear Eitan,

There's a nice list (a little old, but still good) that was compiled by Tyler Schnoebelen here:

https://corplinguistics.wordpress.com/tag/tobi/

The Switchboard corpus (English) linked there has annotations for "nuclear" accent, although you'll have to check to see if that means what you are referring to by nuclear accent.

For the Boston News corpus linked there (English), I think it might just be ToBI labeled. You could extract "nuclear" accent by looking for the last pitch accent (marked with a *, e.g. "H*") before either a phrase accent (ending with - and no %, e.g. "H-") or a compound phrase accent-intonational phrase tone (ending in %, also includes a -, e.g. "L-L%") in the .TON files and time-aligning those to the words. This assumes that how I'm thinking about nuclear accent is the same way you are.

Cheers, Kristine