[Corpora-List] Calling All Linguists: The Messaging Bots Need Your Help

Angus B. Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Fri Apr 1 15:54:13 CEST 2016

He's right, but why is he calling on linguists to do this? We've been ready to help for years - or at least I have, and I know several others.

It's the people building these bots that seem slow to recognize what linguists have to offer - and who think they can dispense with linguists if they have enough Machine Learning. So let's forward this call on to R&D managers and CS department chairs: You need linguists!

In that vein, anyone looking for a corpus linguist who also knows how to code, get in touch with me! http://grieve-smith.com/