[Corpora-List] Biomedical Text Mining Group/Computational Bioscience Program seeking applicants for Fall 2016 PhD program admitting class

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 20:45:44 CEST 2015

The Computational Bioscience Program at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is accepting applications for our PhD program for Fall 2016. The Program has a long history of work in biomedical language processing, corpus linguistics, semantics, ontologies, and other topics of interest to the CORPORA and NLP-WG mailing lists.

Our graduate student and post-doctoral fellow training program is funded by the National Library of Medicine, allowing us to provide generous fellowships, including tuition, travel, equipment, and other benefits for qualified trainees. We are currently recruiting PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows for Fall 2016. In particular, we are looking for students with strong computational backgrounds interested in a career in biomedical research.

Graduate students work on projects in disease-related areas such as cancer, diabetes, and obesity, using state of the art molecular instrumentation and high performance computing, under the supervision of faculty with international reputations. Our students have a tradition of outstanding accomplishments, including publications in the leading journals and presentations at key conferences. All of our graduates have gone on to productive careers in bioinformatics, ranging across academic, government and industrial institutions.

Please encourage your master's degree students (and outstanding undergraduates) to visit the Program's website at compbio.ucdenver.edu, where they can further explore our program and application materials can be found. The Fall 2016 admission deadline is Dec 1, 2015.

-- Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Computational Bioscience Program, U. Colorado School of Medicine 303-916-2417 http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7302 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150924/e8384f5d/attachment.txt>