[Corpora-List] Language and Law / Linguagem e Direito - Vol. 2.1

Sousa-Silva, Rui r.sousa-silva at lflab.pt
Tue Sep 22 22:57:43 CEST 2015

Dear All

We are delighted to announce that volume 2.1 of the international bi-annual journal Language and Law / Linguagem e Direito, the recently launched bilingual journal on Forensic Linguistics / Language and the Law, has just been published. This third issue of the journal includes articles written in English, as well as both book reviews and PhD articles written in English and in Portuguese. The contents list of the journal is reproduced at the end of this message.

The journal is in electronic form and available to download free, both from the journal website

http://llld.linguisticaforense.pt <http://llld.linguisticaforense.pt/>

and directly from the library of the University of Porto

http://ler.letras.up.pt/site/default.aspx?qry=id05id1444id2698&sum=sim <http://ler.letras.up.pt/site/default.aspx?qry=id05id1444id2698&sum=sim>

The feedback on volumes 1.1 and 1.2 was extremely positive and, given the high quality of the articles published in this violume, we hope issue 2.1 also pleases our readers. As Language and Law / Linguagem e Direito has no printing costs, it can be extremely flexible to individual author’s requirements: not only can it publish quickly all the high quality articles it receives, but also it can cope with long appendices, reproduce illustrations, photographs and tables in colour, and embed sound files and hyperlink as necessary. The issues published so far are a clear illustration of this point.

We hope that this new issue, like previous ones, appeals - both visually and scientifically - to the increasing journal audience, and that it serves to encourage further submissions from researchers worldwide working in the areas of Forensic Linguistics and Language and Law wanting to share their research with the wider academic community through the pages of our journal. We recently published a call for papers for volumes 2.2, which will be published in January, as well as to a special volume on Legal Translation and Interpreting, to be published in July 2016. Your contriution is therefore very welcome.

Thank you very much for being part of this new journal.

Happy Reading

Malcolm Coulthard & Rui Sousa-Silva (Editors)

CONTENTS LIST

ARTICLES

Legal Discourse and Legal Narratives: Adversarial versus Inquisitorial Models Janet Ainsworth

Disorder in the Court: Language Use by “Gray Area” Pro Per Defendants Mel Greenlee

Lay Litigation Behaviour in Postcolonial Hong Kong Courtrooms Janny H. C. Leung

On Product Warnings Caroline Hagemeyer & Malcolm Coulthard

Linguistic Proficiency and Human Rights: The case for accent as a protected ground Jennifer Glougie

Academic freedom in the United States after Garcetti v. Ceballos Manuel Triano Lopez

BOOK REVIEWS Outras palavras sobre autoria e plágio, Marcelo Krokoscz (2015) Recensão de Bruna Batista Abreu

Plágio: palavras escondidas, Débora Diniz & Ana Terra (2014) Recensão de Bruna Batista Abreu

Language and Law, Annabelle Mooney (2014) Reviewed by Hulya Kocagul Yuzer

PhD ABSTRACTS Stylistics versus Statistics: A corpus linguistic approach to combining techniques in forensic authorship analysis using Enron emails David Wright

A produção/interpretação de eventos impolidos: Recursos e práticas linguístico-discursivos sinalizadores de comportamento verbal agressivo Thenner Freitas da Cunha

NOTES FOR CONTRIBUTORS

NORMAS PARA APRESENTAÇÃO E PUBLICAÇÃO -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5972 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150922/153f5377/attachment.txt>