PhD/Postdoc position in Computational Linguistics (DFG-funded project; 50% TV-L E13 for 1 year)
The Institute for English Studies at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich is looking for a PhD or Postdoc with excellent knowledge and experience in webcrawling and automatic classification tools for a part time DFG-funded position. The part time position will be on a temporary basis for a maximum period of one year, starting on January 1, 2016.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Developing and implementing an improved NeoCrawler platform and infrastructure.
• Integrating the existing structures into the new NeoCrawler platform.
• Monitoring the technical infrastructure of the NeoCrawler and the crawling process.
• Supporting the development and implementation of semi-automatic and automatic text and topic classification systems and tools, POS-tagging, etc.
The successful applicant will hold a technical PhD or Postdoc position in a DFG project focused on the incipient diffusion of lexical innovations. The project's mission is to investigate the possible factors that influence the diffusion of lexical innovations ('neologisms') in language and the language community. These lexical innovations are identified and monitored on the Internet by means of a tailor-made webcrawler, the NeoCrawler (neocrawler.de).
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
• Excellent Master's or PhD degree in Computational Linguistics
• Good prior knowledge in the field of webcrawling
• Good prior knowledge and experience in the field of manual and automatic classification systems and tools
• Keen interest in the latest developments in webcrawling and automatic classification technology
• Good knowledge of English
Applications with the usual documents, including a detailed CV and a list of prior scientific work, should be sent in electronic format as a pdf file (not exceeding 15 MB) to hans-joerg.schmid at anglistik.uni-muenchen.de before October 12, 2015.
For further information please contact Dr. Daphné Kerremans by e-mail: Daphne.Kerremans at anglistik.uni-muenchen.de.
************************ Desislava Zhekova Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Oettingenstraße 67, 1. OG, Flügel C, Raum 106 80538 München email: desi at cis.uni-muenchen.de tel: +49 89 21809719 web: www.zhekova.net
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7523 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150921/4800c5ba/attachment.txt>